Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2021

Lockdown: How we can keep working-

In Art we continue to look at pieces of work of several different artists and as well as creating one---or several-- in such a style. This time we look at works by Joanna Margaret Paul. I created several pieces using a brush, a stick and inks, as well as a permanent marker. The subjects of my pieces were inspired by videos I have watched recently. In addition, it was also inspired by the works of Joana Margaret Paul "Musicians; Joanna Margaret Paul; NS 278". There are two however that doesn't have any specific inspiration aside from the style of Joanna Margaret Paul. The two pieces mentioned are "Overtime" and "Blossom"; quite explanatory these two were the last and only popped in my head. I have enjoyed creating art and using such techniques, in a sense using the technique gave freedom. Aside from working on the style of Joanna Margaret Paul, I have also created charcoal pieces that were rather different. I have included one. 



8 comments:

  1. Kia ora Axle

    There is a real fluidity to your drawing style that continues to develop. I'm loving seeing the 'freedom' you mentioned. If you have acrylic paints, have a go at painting in the same way. You might also be interested in the work of Paul's husband for this: Jeffrey Harris.

    I hope you are all good in your bubble. Thank you so much for posting your work up. Whaea rowena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Axle
    I am just loving your art work.. it already looks so natural, nothing forced about its execution. I'd love to see you post an example or two of the works that inspired you.

    I am fascinated by the creative process, and what it is that sparks the act of creativity in our brains.
    Thanks so much for sharing
    Kia tau te mauri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Axle,
    It is so wonderful to see that being locked down doesn’t impact your creativity. I love how you have used alternate materials - it just goes to show you can use any materials available to create excellent artworks.
    Have you used charcoal before? You have done an extraordinary job of getting the tonal range correct.
    As always, I am always inspired by your work.
    Thanks for sharing - Miss K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your artwork, it’s very fluid and shows a passion that is hard to achieve sometimes. The fact you have been inspired my music shows in your pieces, and not just the obvious references but the movement in your work. You have a natural talent, work on it and never give up even when it gets hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy Allan-FletcherAugust 28, 2021 at 3:28 PM

    Axle, I'm so glad you are still following your passion for art! Such a talent and I see you really stepping out and trying new techniques. Well done!!

    P.S. I still have your portrait of Stephen Hawking from year 8!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia Ora Axle,

    This artwork is so nice! I particularly enjoy the simple and sharp pink blossoms.
    Something that could be improved would be the structure of your introduction. Try splitting it into different lines so it is easier to read :) Generally, a new idea goes on a new line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kumusta Axle, thank you for sharing your thinking and artworks, they are outstanding! I admire the way you are able to express yourself and sincerely hope you continue your studies in The Arts.
    Mr Roberts

    ReplyDelete

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about